Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Illustrator WireFrame: Surrealistic DayCare


Initially, the only perception I had of this interior was to work graphically with an almost cartoonish, surrealistic atmosphere because I had just previously worked on the same wireframe within photoshop attempting a photo realistic application of a vegan restaurant. As I started exploring the many options of the paint swatches in Illustrator, I decided to 'illustrate' this interior using only paint without distorting its unique reality with imported textures. Through exploration of the paint tool, I decided upon using pastel baby colors in blue, red, and the latest unisex color of green. To help minimized a crayola throw-up effect, I strategically placed neutral brown tones in the center to downplay and separate the distinct blue and pink tones. I further explored by playing with the shape tools, namely the arch and ellipse and even the rectangle to create a cascading light ray effect from the recess lighting. Overall, I am very happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment